I enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons. That's pretty close to the dorkiest thing one can do next to LARPing (For those of you not in the loop, this is Live Action Role Playing, D&D taken to an unecessary level. These people actually dress up as rangers and wizards to roam around in the streets pretending to fight and cast magic.), which I enthusiastically refrain from. Still, I dated two dungeonmasters...not because of that fact of course, I'm not that dorky.
Don't know what D&D is?
It essentially consists of myself and 3-5 other people sitting in a basement for up to 10 hours at a time (though I usually only donate 5) pretending to be a character in a different world. But wait, it's even more complex than you might think. First you have to pick a race, then a class, then roll stats and pick out equipment, then there's all the dice rolls to be made and quests to complete. This may still sound boring to most of you, but winter in Wisconsin doesn't really have a lot to offer one who's perpetually cold.
It gets worse though. I've actually started the creation of my own prestige class and a few of my friends want me to be their dungeonmaster so I can run their first campaign for them. Yeah, I play D&D so much that people are now asking me to teach them to be dorky too. Sometimes I even slip and describe real life in D&D terms. For example, saying phrases like, "Good spot check" and "Dude you totally failed your will save" to my friends elicits strange looks from others.
So, it's not usually a turn-on to tell guys about how you've got to hang out with your friends every Sunday so you can sit in their basement and roll dice to kill evil dragons plaguing Faerun. This may have a little something to do with why I'm single.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment